Tips for running an effective overseas board meeting
Some of the ways in which you can improve the running of an overseas board meeting include:
- Planning and preparing the agenda for the meeting like you would with any other meeting.
- Scheduling meetings well in advance, so that there is enough time for directors to plan for them.
- Not planning meetings immediately after a director has just landed in another country. A reasonable time should be given to directors gather themselves after a long flight.
- Use the planning stage of the meeting to ensure that the board are all on the same page in relation to matters of priority, risk and opportunity.
- If it is your first overseas meeting, it may be helpful to ask other directors with experience about what mistakes they could avoid.
- It may be beneficial for board members to visit relevant places in pairs. This will enable the board to cover more ground in a shorter amount of time.
- If it is possible, the overseas board meeting should be held in conjunction with a study or fact-finding tour.
- Ensure that there is enough time in the schedule for the directors to regroup, reflect and discuss their insights.
If you require any further information in relation to be above article, please contact us at The Quinn Group on (02) 9223 9166 or submit an online enquiry.