A time to reflect as another year comes to an end
Christmas is fast approaching and another year is coming to a close. While you put your feet up over the break, take some time to reflect on 2012 and mentally prepare for the year ahead.
Ask yourself the following questions:
• What did (or didn’t) I achieve in 2012, both financially and personally?
• What should I have done differently this year?
• What can I do better?
• Did I spend too much?
• Did I take time out for the family?
• Did I take enough holidays?
• Am I happy with my career progression?
These are all simple and valid questions that we tend to overlook because of our hectic lives.
Christmas is a time for family, to relax and reflect. Spend 15 minutes thinking about your financial goals for 2013 and how they can help change your lifestyle for the better:
• Arrange a financial plan
• Consider setting up a Self Managed Super Fund
• Get your Will(s) done
• Organise estate, succession or retirement planning
• Plan to legally minimise your tax
• Revise my investment strategies
• Set up personal insurances
Don’t let another year pass by without planning for your future and setting life goals – the sooner you start, the better off (and happier) you will be. Better still, talk to your partner or loved ones too during this time of reflection and set goals together.
Peter Quinn and the staff at The Quinn Group wish you a wonderful Christmas and a well deserved break. We look forward to continuing to assist you with your accounting, financial planning and legal needs in 2013.