FAQ’s – Accounting
1. I want to set up a business. How do I know what structure is best for me?
Setting up a business is an exciting time and a number of factors need to be considered when deciding the best structure. Our business accountants can go through the advantages and disadvantages of each structure with you and choose the best one for your business. Arrange a meeting today by calling 02 9223 9166.
2. I can’t find my tax file number. What do I do?
Contact the ATO. The ATO will be able to provide you with your tax file number once you have proven your identity.
3. When is my tax return due?
In most cases, if you choose to lodge your return via E-Tax, your return is due by 31 October each year. However, when using a tax agent, your tax return is due 15 May the following year.
4. I haven’t lodged a tax return in years. Can you help me?
We have helped many clients get their tax obligations back on track. Call us today to get your tax affairs in order on 02 9223 9166.
5. A Payroll Tax audit is being carried out on my business. What can I do?
You need to seek advice from a qualified professional as soon as possible. We can help ease the stress and work with you each step of the way. Contact us today on 02 9223 9166.
6. The ATO is chasing unpaid tax debts. A large amount of the total balance is made up of penalties and interest charges. How can you help me in this situation?
We have years of experience negotiating terms with the ATO with a favourable success rate. Organise an appointment today to see how we can help you. Call us on 02 9223 9166.
1. What is the difference between a Power of Attorney and an Enduring Power of Attorney?
A Power of Attorney ceases to have effect after you lose the mental capacity to make financial decisions. An Enduring Power of Attorney will continue even after you lose capacity (eg. If you develop dementia or have a stroke.)
2. What is an Enduring Guardian?
An Enduring Guardian is a substitute decision-maker of your choice with legal authority to male health and lifestyle decisions on your behalf if needed, such as where you may live, the services you need, what heath care you receive, or consenting to medical and dental treatment on your behalf.
3. Are you a ‘No Win No Fee law firm?’
The Quinn Group is not a ‘No Win No Fee’ law firm.
4. I live in a state other than NSW. Can you help me with my matter?
Possibly. Contact our office on 02 9223 9166 to provide us with more details of your matter.