Instalment Activity Statement IAS
What is an Instalment Activity Statement (IAS??
An Instalment Activity Statement, or IAS, is a form used by taxpayers who are not registered for the GST. The IAS is also the form required to be lodged by entities that prepare a quarterly BAS but are required to remit their PAYG withholding tax on a monthly basis because they are a medium withholder. The IAS is a pre-printed document issued by the ATO monthly which summarises the amounts of PAYG instalments, PAYG withholding and ABN withholding.
Who uses Iinstalment Activity Statement’s?
If you are a business or individual that deals with PAYG Instalments, PAYG withholding, and/or FBT Instalments, and you aren’t registered for the GST you will need to lodge IAS’s. It is also possible, if you’re a trustee for example, that you’ll have to fill out a combination of both business activity statements (BAS) and IAS forms.
How do I get my Instalment Activity Statement forms?
The ATO will send out all your IAS documents ahead of time – allowing you plenty of time to complete it and have it lodged before the due date. Also note that some parts of the form will have been pre-filled with some of your personal information; this is done to save you time.
- Make sure you keep all your paperwork up to date, and easily accessible.
- You must still lodge your Instalment Activity Statement on time, even if there is nothing to report.
- Plan ahead of time and ensure your IAS is completed ahead of time – not a last minute rush.
- So that you aren’t subject to late fees and charges, make sure that you aren’t late with lodgement and/or payments to the ATO.
- Before submitting your IAS make sure the form has been signed and dated.
- Remember you only need to lodge a single copy of your IAS per reporting period.
- Simply contact the ATO and get them to send you out a new form if you make a mistake on your IAS.
- Keep copies of your IAS’s secure.
If you’re after advice on your Instalment Activity Statement or other tax matters contact The Quinn Group. Call us on 02 9223 9166 or submit an online enquiry here.