Pinterest for Business
Pinterest has emerged as one of the fastest growing social networking sites on the internet. Its simple functionality of organising and sharing images has contributed to its popularity and wide usage.
Pinterest allows you to “pin” images and pictures to virtual pinboards along with relevant links associated to the image. It is a fun and exciting way to find new sites, ideas, information and inspiration.
Pinterest is a very visual social networking platform, allowing users to showcase their creative flair and ideas by organising their images into different categories and pinboards. For example, a kitchen manufacturer may have separate pinboards for different types of kitchen styles and designs, such as: kitchen islands, kitchen storage ideas and country style kitchens.
Top tips for a great Pinterest board
• Be organised! Clearly label all your boards so that the user (or “pinner”) can clearly identify the theme, brand or business.
• Embed a button on your website that shows visitors you are now on Pinterest.
• SEO is your friend. Using keywords in your headings, names of boards, and descriptions will make your pin’s content rich and more favourable in organic searches.
• Use Pinterest as a marketing tool by pinning your own products or services with relevant links.
• Pin other people’s links that are relevant to your niche, or other items you feel your followers will find interesting and relevant.
• Less is more. Keep your pins simple and straightforward.
Don’ts of Pinterest
• Don’t bombard your followers all at once with hundreds of pins – the key is to space out your pins.
• Don’t go overboard with your watermarking – the objective of Pinterest is to be refined and watermarking can ruin your images. Generally most pinners avoid watermarks altogether.
Social media is a powerful tool available to both individuals and businesses. If you would like to learn more about how social media marketing can help your business, or how to integrate it into your marketing strategy, contact Deborah Quinn from Clarity Marketing on 0411 139 881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.